Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Puppy Love


When I saw Tiddly Inks' new image Wryn Puppy Love I just couldn't help it - my heart just melted a little. But as I kept looking at it I realised the linework for the beagle puppy was fairly similar to my King Charles Cavalier Spaniel's outlines. Soooo, I had this crazy thought..maybe, just maybe...if I used the 'no lines colouring' technique I could disguise the beagle features with more cavvie ones...the colour tones and placement of facial markings, making the nose appear more 'squished', plus fluffy ears and tail. Even with my copics getting sticky while working on her ears I'm happy with the result.

Here's the original artwork...

Image may contain: text

And here's my pup Holly, always my inpsiration...


Copics Used
Skin - E11, E04, E00, E000, R20, R11
Hair - E51, E33, YR21
Clothes - B95, B93, B91, BG45
Dog - E18, E15, E13, C4, C2, White gel pen

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Wow Debbie.....colouring inferno of that tennis match really PAID OFF. The card is brilliant and the likeness you got to your wee doggie is spot on.
If I wanna colour better.....note to self....start watching tennis!!! MWAH ooxx