Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Stamp Spot Ribbon Challenge Continues...

Another Wednesday so another DT card for The Stamp Spot from me - and the ribbon and embellishment challenge continues!!! Well I'm almost out of ribbon so I figured this little piece would have to go a looong way on my card! It's become just a fun little embelishment now but it did help to dictate the whole colour scheme of my card - LOL.  I found this fabulous DP in the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper pad I got from The Stamp Spot a while ago. The rich burgundys and pinks look fabulous with the pale blue - and the blue "berries" on the DP helped tie it all together too. I've used my SU Tres Chic background stamp to liven up the blue CS.

My layout is based on this week's Mojo Monday sketch but as I haven't fulfilled all the elements I won't enter it there - but it was a fabulous source of inspiration when I was feeling lost!

The flowers are layered Kaiser flowers with pale blue Kaiser pearl centres. These are both available from The Stamp Spot Store. Be aware that The Big Moving Sale is almost over, it ends this Friday ... so if you haven't grabbed your bargain yet, you need to do so pretty quickly!

Also - the store is going to be closed for a fortnight from the 20th February. You will still be able to place orders, but they won't be invoiced, packaged or sent until after the start of March. Most of the product will be in transit for the move.

So pop past The Stamp Spot Store and get your hands on those things you've been eyeing off for a while! And then get ready for all the new stuff Marcia will be unpacking once the move is complete!

xXx

17 comments:

Marlene said...

I was just looking at that very same patterned paper in my stash yesterday! LOL. Beautiful card. Thanks for providing me with my daily dose of inspiration!

Lynda said...

I must admit Debbie that this card evoked an immediate flashback for me...to my high school days!!! My winter school uniform was maroon and blue and the summer one was PINK (now u know why I don't do the colour alot...LOL!!) It freaked me a bit. After a stabilising coffee...I looked at it again and it is a beautiful card and actually quite elegane. The burgandy gives it a real depth and the blue balances it out. Ur right abt the ribbon how it ties it all in. Well done. Ur nearly thru ur ribbon therapy now huh?? The DP is FAB and I am lovin the flowers too. Well done darl. ooxx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow, this is stunning Deb. Love what you have done with this.

:) Marcia

Emily said...

Very classy Debbie!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh I sooo want her!! This card is gorgeous your colours and colouring FABULOUS!! 3 more sleeps until you will be at my swamp hahah
Kristy xx

Sammi said...

Oh wowowowowow!!! Debbie this card is just wonderful! It's so pretty! Love that Miss Anya.. think I might need her. lol! Great papers and love the use of the ribbon :D
xxx

Liam said...

Oh I love how you have done that stamped and embossed panel it looks great. I must try that out myself. Love it. Another great card. What do you do with all the cards you have made?

Liam

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Debbie,I am loving that colour combo(my uniform wasn't that colour....lol...)and I just adore your beautifully coloured image!!!
xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, I LOVE this color combo... and the fabulous DP you used! And of course I adore Miss Anya. And you!

Hugs across the pond,
L

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous Debbie, the dsp is beautiful as is Miss Anya, just love the colour combo, take careX:)

Dena said...

Debbie! This is just a hummdinger!!!! That would mean FABULOUS in the world of Dena! ha ha! These colors are just so pretty, I never would have thought to put them together. They are just gorgeous as is the rest of your card.
BTW I love your comments, they always make me laugh!!! Thanks for making my day so much!
Hugs, Dena

Sue said...

Great color combo and that designer paper is lovely. Image is so cute and colored to match everything else. I think it was the ribbon that "tied" everything together, hee hee!

Hugs
Sue

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Note to self: Get my background stamps out and use them!!! Love your "take" on the Mojo Monday ... even if a little different! Hugs, Andrea xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh ... and ... Lynda has such a way with words, doesn't she. Always popping by to give just the right amount of cheering!!! :D

Tasha said...

Wow this is really beautiful, such a fabulous use of papers and i love your colouring of Miss Anya
love tasha xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, What a cutie! Miss Anya is coloured so beautifully and I love your paper and background stamp. A stunning card. I hope your weekend is special, sounds like you have some fab plans. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Stempeltiger said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Debbie!!!
I love the colours, the sweet image and the beautiful papers.
Hugs
Swantje x