Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Magnolia Down Under DT Challenge - Jodie


Kellie from the Magnolia Down Under Online Store had a fun idea recently - she has asked each member of her DT to take turns to come up with a challenge for the rest of the DT. Our very first challenger is the amazingly talented Jodie Turner who asked us to use our new Christmas stamps to create a Christmas invitation. We each receive a different stamp in out DT kit from Kellie and we have to use our own stamp on our project!!! I chose the Christmas envelope for my kit - I already had most of the other cuties on order - LOL. I have layered some of the holly leaves and the bow - it really does look better IRL. The holly berries have red rhinestones on for some fun sparkle.

The invite was made by stamping the sentiment (from SU's Sincere Salutations) onto some Whisper White CS before running it through my script embossing folder. I sponged the edges and over the raised script before rolling the corners over. The gorgeous DP is from Magnolia - I just love the texture and feel of this paper - it's soo easy to work with! The lace is also Magnolia - and trust me it's gorgeous!!!

All of my Magnolia supplies came from Kellie at Magnolia Down Under.

If you want to check out the rest of the DT's work here are the links to their blogs....
Debra
Jodie
Kellie
Kristy
Stephanne
Tracey

xXx

15 comments:

Lilian said...

Came from the Magnolia Down Under Challenge and have followed your blog. Your coloring is just beautiful! :)

Leigh said...

Oh just lovely Debbie. I've ordered some dp to play with.

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Love it. Love that embossing. It is fantastic and your colouring of Tilda is gorgeous as always. Great job with the DT challenge
mwah
Trace

sandra said...

It is great one!
I love how you colored Tilda!
And detailing is perfect!
I love it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Tracey said...

This is lovely. You did a great job with the details and the coloring.

LINDA said...

Oh I love this one.. Your coloring is just wonderful.. Love the little Tilda.. and the details are awesome.. Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

so cute Debbie, you really make these little images come alive!

Sandra H. said...

Looks wonderful!! Very nice work!!

Sue said...

Debbie, what a beautiful invite. Your Tilda is even bringing a gift! That background paper is ideal and the envelope with holly, so nice. I have that stamp and haven't had time to use it, maybe today is the day thanks to you.

Bec said...

WOW. Debbie.. this one is a stunner.. I love it.. bec xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, Love your invitation, Christmas Party Tilda & Christmas Envelope are so beautifully coloured. I love the embossed script with the wonderful lace, flowers and fabulous Magnolia Papers. A wonderful job with the challenge. Hugs Jodie from Oz

stephanne said...

I will be a little late to the party, I hope you don't mind!! Woman, this is marvelous!! Just love how you've put everything together and your colouring, wow!!!
Huggles, Waffle #2

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This ones a beauty, like how you used the CB embossing in it.

:) Marcia

Stamp and Smile said...

Stunning card... and the vintage feel of the invite with sponging and curled edges is perfect! LOVE the lace... such great details you put into your card!

"GREAT WORK OF ART" DEBBIE... :) I'm off to bed now... sweet dreams!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh wow, I love this card... the collage look to it is fantastic!!!!