Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hippo Birthday to You!


It's Wednesday again and that means it's my turn to post a DT card over at The Stamp Spot Blog. Today I've used this cute image from Stampavie - Lelo Designs, Hippo Birthday. I've coloured him in with my markers basing the colours on the We R Memory Keepers DP that is perfect for boys - it was almost a shame to cover some of the fun images up. I've used my diamond plate embossing folder on the blue CS - I LOVE this folder for boy's cards! I also distressed the edges a bit as I don't know any little boy who is super neat all the time - LOL.

The stamp, DP, buttons, cuttlebug folder and nestabilities are all available from Marcia at The Stamp Spot Online Store - although the nesties do need to be pre-ordered and are currently listed at 15% off!

I can't believe Christmas is soo close - I still have sooo much to do - so apologies for this being short and sweet! I hope you are all enjoying the festive season - but not toooo much - LOL!!!

xXx

11 comments:

Lynda said...

This boy card rocks Debbie. Marcia sure has a lot of fun stuff going...just wish I had more time to use it!! LOL!! I too luv this C'bug folder for male cards...can't go wrong. The wee ticket sentiment is cute too. Awesome job.ooxx

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I am so glad you did not send this to me because I'm already feeling as heavy as a hippo! LOL That's next on my list of to-do's... lose some weight! After the holidays, of course.

Adorable card, Debbie. That really is a great card for a boy.

Now on to see what else you've been up to while I've been doing who knows what...

Sue said...

yep, it is hard to come up with images and papers sometimes to make boy cards, but you put just the right things together on this one. Love the papers and that Hippo is great. Very nice, Deb.

Leigh said...

How cute Debbie. Love your background papers.

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, Wonderful card, I'm always looking for ideas for boy cards and now I know where to visit when I need some inspiration. Your colours & colouring are perfect.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

LINDA said...

Such an adorable card.. The little hippo is so cute.. Great papers.. Super

Tracey said...

Too cute!! I love the hippo image, mades me smile. TFS!

Cheryl said...

So cute,love your papers and what a perfect boys card!!!
xx

Bec said...

stunning card debbie.. bec xx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

He's one of my fave images and you have done him proud! Great card Debbie.

:) Marcia