Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Boxing Day Birthday!


I've had the pleasure of having some family from England staying with us for Christmas and the New Year - and to add to the celebrations my niece also celebrated her 19th birthday with us on Boxing Day (Dec.26th). As we were heading off to Phillip Island to see the Fairy Penguins - a local park where the wild penguins come in from the sea every evening to their burrows! - her mum asked if I could make her a birthday card with penguins on! I had these gorgeous penguins from Angel's Landing already so what could be easier!

We had a FABULOUS night but as you aren't allowed to take photos I don't have any to show you! You used to be able to photograph the penguins without flash but unfortunately too many people ignored this rule and there had to be a blanket ban on cameras!!! Why do the few ruin things for sooo many others????

Back to the card... Unknown to me I also managed to use my niece's football team colours - blue and white - am I a good aunt or what - LOL! The penguin on the RHS is popped up for some added dimension. The fabulous leaves are from Bizzy Becs while the flower was a find at my local scrapbook shop. For some birthday sparkle I added some stickles to the background panel which I had already cuttlebugged. More stickles went onto the flower edges.


I also made a card to give my niece from my family - it's a CASE of a this card I made for my daughter's friend's 18th. I LOVE this digital fairy from The Greeting Farm - Mainly because I love the way you can layer the flower for extra dimension. She's also a perfect choice for teenage girls! The last time I coloured her I made her have black hair - but I reckon she looks pretty good as a blonde too! Once again I've sparkled her wings and flower up with dazzling diamonds.

Now I'm about to head off to bed before a packed day tomorrow - NEW YEAR'S EVE - aaaagh - a new DECADE is nearly upon us! I hope you ALL have a FABULOUS night and that the year ahead brings you lots of fun, laughs and STAMPING - LOL.

xXx

21 comments:

Lynda said...

Geez Debbie u have such a magical talent. The penguins are to die for and the fairy is devine. I have not yet got the folder that u have used on the fairy...but it's on the wish list. It's beautiful...and whoda thought...pink and red?? HAve a brilliant new Year's and I look fwd to more FAB inspirtion in 2010!!

Fran said...

Oh wow, your faisr is stuning, as usual, I just LOVE your colouring! and the penguins are sooo cute, they look nice and fluffy. I always wanted to go and see them when I was a kid, maybe one day I will have to take my kids :)

Alison said...

LOVE those penguins soooo much they are just way to adorable. Your colouring is perfect (of course) and the flowers just add the right amount of dimension. The fairy card is simply gorgeous too. xox

Cheryl said...

These are so very beautiful,your colouring with copics is always magnificent, and I just adore these images,they are on my wish list!!!
Have a Happy New Year and best wishes for 2010!!
xx

Anonymous said...

well, what fun to see those adorable penguins. They remind me of the ones in Happy Feet! I recognized the fairy card before I read your post LOL and love everything aboput it. Have a wonderful New Year with lot's of fun and awesome possibilities. Until next year...hugs!

Anonymous said...

OMG those are the cutest penguins ever!!!

And love the Fairy card also, two delightful cards!

Robyn said...

Super cute Deb! Love those penguins !
(Both your stamped ones AND the Phillip Island variety ! LOL)
Happy New Year to you ! Hope you have a great time with your visitors and your family!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous cards Debbie. Love the flower on the Penguin card. Lucky you to be able to see the Fairy Penguins in real life. They are just so cute.

Kristine said...

Awww, CUTE penguins Debbie! And your fairy card is so pretty too! Love all the glitz you gave her wings and flower! I posted a sorta "fairy" card today too *Ü*

Philippa Petty said...

Beautiful as always Debbie. How special to get a penguin card when visiting the penguins. Very clever.

Bec said...

These are Stunning Debbie.. Those penguins are just the cutest ever.. Happy New Year and best wishes for 2010.. Take Care, Bec xx

Leonie said...

Happy new year to you Debbie! Both of your cards are fabbo as always, but I really love your sparkle one :)

LINDA said...

These are just wonderful...Happy New Year and best wishes for 2010..
Hugs, Linda

Sue said...

Aw, Deb, I love those little guys. They are just adorable and colored to perfection. The sparkle makes the card! Both cards are great designs for two young women. Nice job on both.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow!! Debbie both cards are GORGEOUS!!!
Kristy
xo

Norma said...

Debbie, your penguin card is precious. The image is very cute. Awesome colouring. When I first saw it, I thought this was your entry into the Copic challenge for colouring fur--you made it looked real.
Wish you a Happy New Year and much happiness for the coming year. May 2010 be a creatively productive year.

Hugs.
Norma

Debbie M said...

Hi-ya Deb!

Both cards are beautiful - love the penguins as they are so CUTE! But really love the fairy card - soooo pretty - again your colouring is stop on!

Debbie

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Super! Amazing! Your niece must have loved these ones! TFS xxx

Stamp and Smile said...

Just the sweetest cards Debbie... Both have great colors, textures, SPARKLE, and images... I like them both equally! (There is never a card of yours I didn't like!)

Happy New Year and I hope you are enjoying your holidays! Back to work/school for us on Monday... blaaa!

Kellie said...

A very Happy New Year to you to Debbie! There is always someone mucking it up for everyone else isn't there, bummed you couldn't get photos :( But glad to hear you had a wonderful time!

ONTO these gorgeous creations, I love them both, they are both so different from one another and your colouring as always OMG amazing!

Hugs Kel xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I can't believe I'm this far behind on seeing your posts... although now that I think about it, you haven't posted much lately. Ah, that's it... the holidays and company from out of town. See, my brain is clicking back in.

Cute cards, both. I wish I could see those penguins. Perhaps one day I shall! It's on my WISH list: visit Australia to visit my dear friend Debbie and see her wonderful country.

Lots of love and hugs over the big pond from me to you,
Lisa