Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Angus Argus and a Belated Birthday!

I have been feeling guilty about only phoning my BIL for his birthday. I had every intention of doing more - I just don't know where the time goes sometimes!!! I got inspired to finally do something when I saw this fabulous image used on Sue's blog (Tillymint of A Consuming Passion). It's a free digital image from Christine Bower (aka Sunshine), her very talented husband designed it! I also saw this fabulous card on Kerrie's blog (Kezzam).

I knew this was the right image for my BIL. He got his pilot's licence a while ago, but now most of his flying these days is via Flight Simulator games on his PC. He has surround monitors to simulate a cockpit - it's a truly amazing set-up! I know the sentiment is a bit cutsey, I printed it out on my computer and freehand cut the banner - but I had printed out Angus in 2 sizes to play with and it just seemed to fit - especially as I am sooo far behind in getting a birthday card and present out - LOL.

Everything just seemed to come together after that. I popped some gold brads in the middle of the engines to give them a lift - pardon the pun!!! I also popped the smaller plane and the banner up on dimensionals. The DP is from SU's Windsor Knot.

xXx

Edit - I've been asked a couple of times what I'm using to colour. I have a few Copics - which I love!!! But most of my markers are Twin Touch markers and I use these in conjuction with my copics. They are readily available from my local shopping centre at RIOT Art and Craft stores and I got most of mine on sale for around AU$3ea. Hope that helps!!

25 comments:

Kerrie said...

Debbie, wow, you have done this little fella proud, you are so good at colouring in..... do you use copics?

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This just adorable! Your so good at colouring! Only 23 days until craft camp!! cant wait! I should have 65 copics to bring with me :)

Stamp and Smile said...

Adorable!! LOVE the banner... not to cutesy, and your double image sizes and coloring passes on the feeling of this card!

Have a super day/evening.. I hope my mojo comes back and the time to stamp!!

SMILES... Michelle :)

Tracey Feeger said...

This is a very cute card. I love the two sizes and the Nesties fit perfectly with the stamp.
mwah
Trace

Cheryl said...

WOW another winner,love the image and your colouring is excellent!!! The banner is perfect for this card!
xx

Leonie said...

Looks like you are getting the hang of the digital stamps! lol! your card is so cute, I am sure your BIL will love it...I am impressed by his playstation set up (my husband would be too)

A Consuming Passion said...

Hey good for you Debbie you made a great card with this image - I have to tell you Lenny the Loader follows him. My blog will have a post tomorrow and there's to be a third in the set which is a bit American but still quite clever.
Christina will be thrilled you made this card up you should send her a link!!
Have you checked out Stamp TV??? you might just like it over there!

mueppi said...

Wow.... what a gorgeous card!
Hugs Gisela

Emily said...

OMG Debbie! This is too freaking cute!!! Your BIL will love it! That banner is so clever. Love the brads you added too and your coloring is outstanding, as usual!

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Debs,
Kris loved the card and bottle of wine. He said we will have to put the card somewhere special. He was very impressed you made it for him. Its sitting in the table in the entrance hallway, so cannot be missed.
BTW, Liam fell asleep on the way home!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Debbie, wow what a great card, your BIL is going to love it, its well worth the wait i would say!!! love that digital image, great for mens cards! have a lovely day, hugs Lind ax

Karen said...

Hey Deb - this card really made me smile when I saw it! Love it and your colouring is beautiful!

Luv Karen
x

Bec said...

That image is so cute.. Love the colouring.. Great layout too.. Bec xx

Mandy Schiller said...

Great card Debbie! Love your colouring it is awesome....

Mandyxx

Alison said...

Hey Debbie, the plane is soo cute, and I love the colours you have used. You have been stamping up a storm this week.
Luv Alison xox

Me ! said...

Debbie

I love this card it is so cute. So bold and cute. Love you colouring it is great.

Take care

Claire

Chrissy said...

Awesome card!!! The coloring is so great! Love the banner too!

Sunshine said...

You did Angus proud Deb! Love this card! Can't wait to show it to hubby. I can be sure he is going to love it too! I have posted a link on my blog to your blog and become one of your followers! I would love it if you would consider becoming a supporter. E-mail for the deets. valleysunshine@hotmail.com

Sunshine:)

Kristine said...

OH MY GOODNESS...this is PERFECT Debbie!! That plane image is just the cutest one I've ever seen! Great job on the sentiment and cutting that out freehand--you are AMAZING. I'm sure you're BIL won't mind it being late...it's worth it! Great job. :) {{HUGS}}

Unknown said...

Debbie,

WONDERFUL job on my little drawing of my favorite aircraft! EXCELLENT 3-D prop spinners!

~Rob (Sunshine's DH and Angus "creator" LOL). BTW ... see my Acrylic paintings of the real Canadair Argus at http://canadairargus.bogspot.com if you like.

Philippa Petty said...

Great job Debbie. Your truly flying at the moment(excuse the pun.Lol)at the moment. Your mojo is off the charts.

Lilian said...

I came to visit you from the Magnolia Down Under site and I must say you mkae such beauitufl cards! Your coloring is just beautiful!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hey, this is really cute! Reminds me of the Budgie books that Sarah Ferguson wrote: http://www.amazon.com/BUDGIE-LITTLE-HELICOPTER-Aladdin-Picture/dp/068980816X

Hugs,
Lisa

Kellie said...

Deb that is just too cute! Gorgeous colouring as always, just amazing! xx

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow Debbie, wow. This card is amazing.

:) Marcia P