Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just Christmas and Birthday Cards Sketch Challenge #35


WOW - I won last week's challenge over at Just Christmas and Birthday Cards with this Holiday Line Up card!!!! I'm over the moon about it too - not only have I made a head start on my Christmas cards and had a lot of fun - I've also won a really cute stamp!!! My hubby is rapt too - new rubber I haven't had to pay for - LOL.

Now onto this week's fabulous sketch by Simone. I've cheated a bit by using a border of pin holes around the perimeter of the card to give the illusion of another layer - I just couldn't find anything I liked as much to go with the busyness of the image layered onto 2 different DPs from the Holiday Treasures set. The Ruby Red gives a lovely warm glow behind the snow globe image and I think it off sets the snowflakes beautifully. I just wish you could see the sparkle of the Dazzling Diamonds and rhinestones.

The image is from the retired SU set Snow Globe - a set I was reminded to use after I saw another snow globe card created by Leonie over at A Stamper's World this week - check it out here. It's such a fun set because it has various scenes to use.

It actually feels a little like a traditional Christmas at the moment - snow has started falling in the snow fields and the coats and scarves have come out to play. Having been born in the England I have fond memories of cold Christmases and the smell of baking at my Nana's house - no wonder we celebrate "Christmas in July" here in Australia!

xXx

23 comments:

Kellie said...

CONGRATULATIONS Deb, it was gorgeous so I can see why and this one is WOW even better! Your on a roll baby!
Kelx

Sam said...

Lovely card Debbie. That snow globe is so cute :-)
Sam.

Mandy Schiller said...

Very cute Deb! Love that snowglobe stamp!

Mandyxx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Another great card Debbie and good for you, getting in early for Christmas. Love your take on this challenge - everything works so well.

Chat Noir said...

Hi Debbie, love the soft colours and the image. Aren't you cold enough here without stamping snow??

Congratulations on winning the challenge.

Emily said...

Congrats Deb this card is just awesome and well deserving of the win. Free rubbar is always good! I'm still basking in my Mojo win and looking forward to my new rubbar too! It's already in the mail. I'm about to post my first Xmas card right now although there isn't a snowflake in sight. Perhaps I shouldn't jinx us by saying that because here in Wisconsin it just could happen in June:))

Cheryl said...

Congrats Deb,this is beautiful,love the papers and you have done a brilliant job on the sketch!!!
xx

nessy said...

gorgeous card debbie ~love the globe ~beautiful colouring!!
thankyou for joining us this week on JCBC ~ oh congrats on last weeks win!!
vanessa xx

sandra said...

Christmas is here?
Your card have everything what Christmas card got to have!
Trees,snowflake,ball,star,red,green...
Fantastic card!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Leonie said...

Debbie, this is fabbo! I love this set, had forgetten about it till the other night! You have done it justice!

Kerrie said...

Congratulations.... lovely card, yes Christmas will be here before we know it. K

yvonne said...

congratulations Deb on your win, but I am not surprised, your creations are simply gorgeous! I love this card, and your paper piercing is perfect!

Karen said...

Hiya Deb - another simply gorgeous card! I love everything about it and I reckon the paper piercing is perfect!!

Karen
xo

raindropecho said...

Wonderful card! I love what you've done with the image..the layer is great! The snowflake is awesome too. Thanks for sharing this at JCBC this week!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You were born in England? How fascinating. Where? When did you move to Australia?

I love that globe stamp set from SU. I sold mine long ago, though, because I discovered it's too hard to make Christmas cards... I just have too many to send, so I gave up. Isn't that terrible?

Do you really celebrate Christmas in July? I wondered about that.

What stamp did you win???

So many questions. Now I must get back to work. Lunch is over!

Hugs and love,
Lisa

Simone P. said...

This card is well done! VERY cute!
Thanks for playing along!

Sammi said...

Oooh...It's gorgeous Debbie!
I LOVE that snow globe! Love the pin dot border too! Great effect!

Congrats on winning last weeks sketch :)

Sammi
xxx

Stamp and Smile said...

Con'grats girl on the big win!! I would be over the moon also and your hubby is happy too! :) WOW, what a beautiful card and such happy holiday colors. I love your snow globe and the snowflakes are cutness!!!

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days... and I thank you so much for the sweet comments! TFS... Michelle :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Congrats, Debbie! How much fun is it to win!!! (I wouldn't know actually!!! :) ) LOL!!! Your creation is so pretty with all the colours. I can't believe the Chrissy cards have started appearing!!! Hugs, Andrea xxx

Wellnifty said...

Congratulations Debbie, fabulous card, love the snow globe. I can't think about Christmas yet, as the sun is shinning and it nice and warm here,

Chris xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Madly trying to catch up on all I've missed in the past 10 days. Love this Christmas Card Debbie congrats on your well deserved win. I'm just back from NZ and boy was it cold there!!! I even got into some snow!!!! I was thinking Christmas all the time I was there!!

Kristine said...

And yet another beautiful Christmas card! :) GOOD FOR YOU!! I haven't even started on mine. Love your layout and nesties!

Sue said...

I love snowglobes, and yours is wonderful. The snowflake is beautiful too. Yikes, I forgot you are having winter now....seems we just got over it here and are looking forward to warm sunny days.
Love the card! Congrats on the win.