Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another High Hopes Challenge #17


I decided to give this challenge another go with my other High Hopes stamp - I think this little guy is sooo cute! I'm always calling my kids "cheeky monkey" so maybe that's why it grabbed my attention.
The colours I've used this time are Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie - a couple of my favourites. I found this tree at a local scrapbooking shop and thought it was the perfect embellishment - although I did have to trim off a few branches to make it fit the space...

10 comments:

Karen said...

Ohhhhhhh now that is cute! lol

Your colouring is lovely Deb!!

Karen
xo

Kellie said...

WOW Deb he is a cutie and you have done the most amazing job! I love how you used a tree, great thinking and it paid off! xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Fantastic card Debbie - he is so cute and I love your tree addition - great idea for the challenge! Your cards are amazing.

Thank you so much for your 'letter' which arrived today. I'm going to be busy colouring in - will return the favour soon.

Leonie said...

I have 2 cheeky monkeys of my own, I love you little one, he is a cutie, a great card, as always

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Debbie, this is so cute! I love the color scheme and the tree and the adorable monkey. I love monkeys. Probably because my dad used to call me a monkey. hee hee

xOx Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

AWWWWW, Debbie... I am amazed by your card! The ribbon just tops it off so nicely on the bottom of the tree and the coloring is perfect. Great lay-out... Smiles!! :)

Leigh said...

Yep, love this one too.

Emily said...

Debbie, This card is just way too cute! I love those colors together! Love your blog too!

Amy said...

Monkey Mike looks great Debbie! The tree is a great touch!

Kristine said...

This is sooo CUTE! Love that monkey and your neat tall tree on there--fun card! :)