Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fiona's 50th


I'm off to a friend's birthday party this weekend so had to come up with a special card. I would have lied about her age to you but the big pink 50 on the card kind of gives it away! The 50 was cut using my Hippie Chick alphabet die and my - yes you guessed it - Cuttlebug!

When Fiona sent out her invitations she had included a photo of herself as a child - I decided it was such a cute photo I'd stay with the theme of her invitation and use the picture. The original photo was as you see to the left - but I wanted a more black and white photo so I could play more with colour in the layout. I scanned the invitation and played around with the photo before printing it out and using it on the card. The new colours weren't quite black and white - more a series of blues - so I decided on a Soft Sky card base. I also layered the picture onto some Soft Sky. The dark green set off the pale blue beautifully - and seemed to match the tonings of the photo - the colour is Handsome Hunter. I decided to re-introduce some pink with the felt flowers from the Summer Mini - with a rhinestone brad centre. The "Happy Birthday" comes from the hostess set For a Friend and is embossed in white.
It should be a great night on Saturday so Happy 50th Fiona - may you have many more!

6 comments:

Christy said...

You did absolutely beautiful on this card. She is going to cherish it, I guarantee it!!! Awesome job!

Philippa Petty said...

This is a beautiful card Debbie. Your friend will be so impressed. Well done.

Kellie said...

This card is beautiful Deb and I'm sure your friend will just love it! xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

What a fantastic card Debbie - your friend will just love it!
You've done a wonderful job in changing the photo to Black and White and adding colour in the card and flower. Love the greeting too - I'm sure she'll always treasure this one!

Chat Noir said...

This is a lovely card Debbie, your friend will treasure it. I'm inspired.... off to make some myself, though they wont be as good as yours.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This card is wonderful, Debbie! What a treasure. I'm sure Fiona will keep this one forever! You are a good friend indeed.